Sent: 19 February 2014 11:09
To: Noel Hodson
Subject: Re: Thames Floods – Dutch Solutions
(Visit Dan’s CLI FI CENTRAL: ‘Cli-fi’ – a new literary genre http://pcillu101.blogspot.com/ )
|“O LORD – NOW WE BELIEVE IN GLOBAL WARMING”
BUT WE AIN’T GOIN’ TO CHANGE ANYTHING!
EXTREME WEATHER STRIKES THE US – AGAIN.
…Americans’ beliefs about climate change fall along a broad spectrum, argues Anthony Leiserowitz, the director of Yale University’s Project on Climate Change Communication, who has been studying perceptions of global warming since the late nineteen-nineties. He groups people into six categories. At one end of the spectrum are the “alarmed,” who think that global warming is both urgent and caused by humans. At the other end are the “dismissive,” who don’t believe in the phenomenon or the risks it may pose. These two groups make up roughly twenty-two per cent of the population, according to Leiserowitz’s most recent survey data. They are “deeply committed to their views,” he told me, and that makes them much more likely to engage in what’s known as motivated reasoning: when an event conforms to their prior beliefs, they use it as a data point in support of their views; if an event doesn’t, they simply disregard it. In one of Leiserowitz’s studies, for instance, people dismissive of climate change denied that they had experienced a heat wave that had objectively occurred.
- BRITAIN FLOODS – CALIFORNIA DRYS
- FLOATING HOMES IN HOLLAND.
- SEA-LEVEL AND MELTDOWN
- ARCTIC AND ANTARCTIC WARMING – SEA LEVEL RISES
- CLIMATE CHANGE and NEW YORK
- DOOMSDAY – LONDON & NEW YORK FLOOD
- LONDON FLOODS – 300ft UNDERWATER
- GLOBAL FLOODS – READ ALL ABOUT IT!
- S.O.S. – ARCTIC ICE MELTING
- NOAH’S FLOOD – 2012-25
- FLOOD ALERT
- MOVE TO HIGHER GROUND – CLIMATE CHANGE
- MOVE TO HIGHER GROUND – THE CURSE OF ST. SWITHIN.
- “MOVE TO HIGHER GROUND & MOVE YOUR MONEY ON-SHORE!…
- BIRD-FLU AND FLOOD INSURANCE